22 August, 2012

My Lullaby

People have always known I hurt
But they over look it
They have known I feel so alone
None of them ever prevented it

I have scars 
that they don't know about
I bleed out my worst fears
As the artificial light hits my tears

I see the blade that shines so bright
And the scarlet blood that feels so right
All my pain just goes away
All the pain that was on display

Everyone hates me
My friends let me bleed
Everything they see
Is covered by the blade I need

All that I need
When I bleed
And cry
Is this lullaby

Hushabye baby
So broken and sad
You didn't know life
Would treat you this bad 
It's time to end the pain you hid so well
So sleep tight with a knife
As you go straight back to hell

This poem is not about me being a cutting addict. I do not cut. Unless I have personally told you otherwise, do not assume I do. I just seem to have it from a cutter's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment